Wednesday, July 23, 2008

PT Bruiser

There's a hotel room and rental car shortage in Omaha. Word is the Junior Olympic Swim Trials are in town, so the company was scrounging to find rooms and cars for us this week. As a result, I've got sort of bottom of the barrel on both counts:





No, I'm not in a basement, in fact I'm on the second floor. That tiny little thing on the upper left is a window. I have a (sort of) view of the roof of the bar down stairs, where they charge 5 bucks for a beer.




That's my car. It's even more obnoxiously blue in person. I can't help picturing it parked at a beach with a surf board sticking out the back. Anyone who's played any Grand Theft Auto games knows you see the car you're driving on the road. In video games, it's due to memory constraints. In real life, it happens the same way, but it's just a mental thing. I've been seeing them all over town starting with following one all the way across town from the airport. None quite as eye catching as mine though. My old Albany cohorts spotted me driving back from the office tonight, and came back to pick me up for dinner and beers. Score!

2 comments:

linda said...

I just came back from a land of PT Cruisers & surfboards. That makes your post all-the-more hilarious.

As for the room, that completely sucks. Lo siento. (How's your spanish?)

Sean said...

Just good enough that I know what that means - I did grow up in the boogie-down bronx after all. Funny OMA aside: there's a mexican consulate here, or rather, a Consulado General de México. I'm guessing it's due to migrant worker population? That aside, this is the whitest town I've ever been too.