Monday, July 21, 2008

I should be asleep

Yeah, it's late.

I found out an hour or so ago I have to be in to work at like 7:45. Still, I'm awake. Knocked Up is on HBO, so I'll use that ending as my "up way too late" point. I've got a whole lot of things I want to talk about, and I know if I don't do it now, it will just slip away, so here's a whole pile:

New York went great. The whole state. Yankees game was sweet, despite being (literally) 3 rows from the top. Them winning certainly helped on that. Seeing a whole mess of people I haven't seen in forever was great as well. Pictures will follow, when I'm in the same state as my camera.

The most touristy thing I've ever done in New York: photographed about 7 of the Parade of Statue of Liberties they put up for the All Star Game. Again, photos to come.

I spent... way too many hours of the last 2 days in planes or airports. Delays in JFK on the way back from NY got us in about 3 hours late. Came home, straight to bed, up at 7 to pack, right back to SFO. Minor delay in SFO gets me to Denver late, and despite my connecting flight also being delayed I missed it by 10 minutes. All the same, I'm pretty sure my luggage wouldn't have followed me if I had. So, 3.5 hours waiting in Denver, picked up my car and bag, promptly got lost as hell. I did get to see Iowa, so, that's good, I guess. Travel sucks. The one good thing about it was I got to play alot of Tactics A2, which rules. Twenwy is fun in it's own way, and to some degree seems like the perfect DS game, what with how many of it's features it uses. It just wouldn't work on any other system. On the other hand, graphics aside, A2 could run on a GBA, but it's just so much fun. I highly recommend it. It is so choice.

Taking off from Denver I spotted something really odd at first, but upon thought it makes perfect sence - crop circles. Well, sort of. Usually the farmland you fly over is all patchwork style, so it was trippy to see verdant circles in the brown, but hey, irrigation systems work that way. I saw them as we drove past, on "the trip". Yay efficency.

Oh, last thing, and I might split this into a separate post, as it's funny as hell to me, and sort of major: if you're reading this, you probably participated in a social experiment I conducted over the vacation. It began as a grooming experiment: I wanted to see what I looked like with a beard. I was pretty sure I looked rediculous, but I kept it anyway. Odd thing: no one commented on it. Or almost no one at least. A list will be provided later of those who did speak up, along with photos of the deconstruction of the vacation beard.

Guess that's it. Knocked Up is over, it's almost 2. I have to be up in 5 hours, and probaby give a presentation in 8 or so, despite not having worked in 18 days.





Oh, and in case everyone else you know isn't telling you to, watch Dr Horrible. Just remember, I was first. Well, probably. You have to pay for it now (I didn't have real net access when it was free, so I have to as well), but you know it's worth it. I can't wait for the sound track to come out. And check over NPH's shoulder in the opening scene:

Yeah, it's Serenity. Made of pots and pans. You love it.

No comments: