Friday, July 18, 2008

Bobby Flay made me eat cheese

Yeah, I know, it goes against my primal nature. But I'm not going to leave food on the plate when salad was 10 bucks. Backstory: we went to Mesa Grill, because we were nearby and met my mother after she got done with some work thing. She offered to take us there, but we arrived pre-dinner, so all the could do for us was seat us at the bar and sell us overpriced drinks and appetizers/salads. There were 6 items to choose from. All but one featured cheese prominently. I ordered the odd one out, a chopped salad, and even that had cheese all up ins. So, I'm not going to leave it there, and how many chances am I going to get to eat Iron Chef cooking, right? So, I ate it. And it wasn't bad. Perhaps this will start me down the dark and cheesy path. Perhaps not. Either way, it's a good thing we got there early, I wasn't really comfortable with my mother paying for dinner for us at a place Zagat estimates at $55 a person. I did enjoy the experience of eating there at all though. Maybe we'll budget in a trip to something on par for next time.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Come to the cheese side of the force! It is delicious and we have pizza!

Erin said...

Silly Jared. Sean eats pizza. He wouldn't be a New Yorker otherwise. It's just cheeses other than mozzarella he won't eat. I'm pretty sure the cheese that was in his salad was Monterey Jack. Still very mild, but a start. :)