Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flight 595

I'm back in the Bay Area. I got in something like 14 hours late. Flight out of Omaha to Denver was delayed from 4pm to just past midnight. I missed my connection (as you may expect), got booked on a flight from Denver -> SFO at 6am, that one got canceled, got another at 8:30am. Slept (if you could call it that) on the floor at the gate in Denver.

All the shops in OMA closed at 8, right after I had my first, and thus only, 6 dollar beer. It wasn't anything special (Bud was 5.25). Denver's shops must have closed at some point before I got there, as it was fairly deserted there. This meant I had next to nothing to eat from 2pm central when I had lunch (Vindaloo!) to nearly 7am mountain. Lucky for me I had a box of granola bars with me, so I made do.

That's about it for the end of the trip. I'll never fly United again if I can avoid it.

1 comment:

linda said...

Ugh, I completely felt that way about Delta after being holed up in a very closed airport from 7pm 'till just past 1 in the morning. We weren't allowed anywhere but our gate. One of my fellow passengers had to beg release to get a few of us sodas. Luckily, we had a caricature artist among us, and everyone pretty much got a free one drawn up. But I hadn't set foot near a Delta airline until this past weekend. And I must say, I think both my to and from flights to FL were amazingly accurately timed. But for your sake, Down With United!