Saturday, June 7, 2008

Neeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds! Mk. II

Just returned from the aforementioned game day event. A good time was had: we three were all at the same table (the store ran two events concurrently), with a pair of quiet hack and slash type guys who knew each other. We had a really great DM, by name of Travis, who clicked pretty well with us. Perhaps we shall make some effort to track him down, I was hoping to talk to him afterward but he seemed to be in a bit of a rush. All in all, no one died, children were rescued, and a good time was had. I had the human cleric of Pelor, Erin had the half elf rogue, and Steve had the human fighter. Having immersed myself in the new system for the first time, I'm pretty happy with it. Judging when to use encounter and daily powers will be rough to adapt to, but even at first level you have enough encounter powers to use them pretty freely. I've got some complaints about old favorites that they've reworked, prime examples being Fireball and Power Attack, and Magic Missile a little bit, but some of the new stuff interests me, like Hunter's Mar- um, Quarry, and Warlock's Curse. I'm really on the fence about multiclassing. I'll have to do a few builds to decide.

No comments: