Monday, June 30, 2008

10.48

10.48 hours.

That's a minute shy of 10 and a half.

That's what I worked today. Tomorrow isn't looking to be good either. I've got to get all my ducks in a line as it were, before we take off for the home state. This is the first time I've worked later than my boss. Oddly, it's about the first time he's been in before me as well, so I guess that works out.

Follow that up with a frustrating time preparing dinner (not enough pasta, couldn't get audio working on the movie I was trying to watch, burned the meat, etc.) and I have had a pretty frustrating day. At the end of it all though, I've consumed a tasty pile of carbs and protein, I'm watching my favorite movie, and (...pause to run to kitchen) drinking a glass of triple distilled, seven year aged, Irish imported water of life. So all in all, I guess it works out pretty well.

I really forgot just how much I enjoy the movie I'm watching - "most beautiful thing in the world" jokes aside, American Beauty really is the best film I've ever watched. I don't think I've watched it in... like 3 or 4 years, and it sort of drifted from my mind. Even before I fixed the sound, just watching the first 5 minutes on mute while I was cooking reminded me how much I enjoy it. Wonderfully shot, perfectly acted, flawlessly written, and, as I've noticed for the first time tonight, awesome use of music. I've wanted to watch it all day, but I must have subconsciously added it to the queue after watching Fight Club last night. Seeing them back to back, they've got some pretty strong thematic connections I'd not noticed before. Does that make me a bad wanna be film student?

Oh, and happy birthday to one of my (very few, based on the comments I get) readers. I'd say belated, but it's still June here!

1 comment:

linda said...

My mother used to watch that movie once a week for months. She has amazingly excellent subconscious taste.