Friday, February 1, 2008

Unexpected Journey

So, I was going to make a culinary post tonight, detailing my nearing perfection on one of my favoite self designed recipies (which I'll still get to, at some point next week probably), but I've now got more pressing matters to deal with: my grandmother died last night. Erin and I will be flying out tomorrow, and back on Tuesday evening. It wasn't unexpected, but it's still hard to deal with. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not dealing with it yet, and it won't hit me untill Sunday or so. I almost knew when I saw her at my mother's wedding in October it would be the last time. Anyhow, enough of this for now, I need to finish up at the office so I can get out of here, and depressing myself won't help that any.

Quote courtesy of wikiquote:
Death is just another path . . . one that we must all take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass ... And then you see it ... White shores ... and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.

-Gandalf, LotR

No comments: