Saturday, April 11, 2009

Running, wk1

SO! I didn't hold to the every day ideal, but I have done the loop around our block 4 out of the last 7 days. I've not been strictly benchmarking myself, but I've been doing a bit better every day - a few more steps, or a bit faster pace. I realized both yesterday and today that I'm now that crazy guy who's jogging in shorts and a t-shirt when everyone else is walking around in a jacket. I blame that at least in part on the thin skinned bay area population though - it's never as cold as anyone seems to think.

This week's plan - keep on going! I'm not quite ready to extend my loop yet. Also, maybe try an evening run? I've been getting out early (read: 7pm), and it's staying light out later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

when your out running, your body temperature rises has well! When you get up to extended running/sweating, the rule of thumb is to dress for 10 degrees warmer then it is out. when its 100 and humid, you just pray.... Keep it up! every day can cause burn out, and then you could stop altogether, better to keep up with a few times a week and build up then hurt yourself and just stop.

Sean said...

Yeah, I know on the temp thing. I just wind up a bit chill on the walk back/cool down. I never have to deal with 100 degrees/humid, Average yearly high of 78! No rain between April and November!

I'm planning on sticking with taking T/Th off. It's working as a good way to start my day during the week, but I found myself lazing about this morning. Need something to get me moving other than needing to go to work.

Christopher John said...

Out of curiosity, why dress for warmer than the actual temperature? I'm like a furnace when I run.

Sean said...

I think the furnace thing is the point - if it's 50 out, dress like it was 60 out, because you'll be warmer while exerting yourself.