Saturday, April 18, 2009

Running, wk 2

Keepin it up! Sun-Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat again this week. Monday morning I was feeling the after effects of a few too many after Zombie Jeebus Day at Steph and Tony's, so I skipped the morning and balanced out in the evening. I almost preferred that, but my work schedule isn't consistent enough that I could commit to a schedule and I wouldn't want to miss a day if I'm stuck at the office til 9. I feel like I'm improving, getting faster at least, but my endurance hasn't changed, which sucks since that was the whole point of this. I'll assume I just need to give it more time? I do feel just better in general though, more energetic in the morning after I get back (hang overs aside). Also, I think I need to start eating better after I get back. My current morning diet is just cereal and milk. Not sure what I'd do for protein though. Maybe I just have to start liking egg whites, if not semantic arguments?

Oh, I tried tying my house key into my shoe laces today so I didn't have to carry it, but it went flying about a block into my run. Is there an accepted solution for this? Or am I supposed to just grip it in my hand as I've been doing?

3 comments:

linda said...

You could always hide it somewhere near the door for when you get back?

Unknown said...

There are simple items you can buy, a pocket that goes on like a wrist watch or on your shoelaces.

Jared said...

You could always rock the fanny pack :P