Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cookery

I like cooking. But I hate cooking regular meals. Well, that's not quite true. I hate cooking fast. I hate having to come home and cook something to eat straight away, which is almost always the case. We tend to eat sometime between 8:30 and 9pm ever night.

That said, I like cooking when I have time to do so. I made something with a french name a few weeks ago, and I decided I should cook and document something at similar scale every weekend. Problem with that: it takes me forever to upload photos from our real camera. I was keeping up with it too, until this weekend, when I spent my Saturday studying. Anywho, let's catch up:

Steak dinner, fancy marinade, asparagus, roasted potatoes. Nothing too fancy, but it came out pretty good. Next:

Vichyssoise, recipe courtesy Alton. This was a blast, I got to use my boat motor:
The soup was good, but it made a lot, and we didn't quite finish it all. In retrospect, I've discovered it's intended to be served cold, should have had some that way.

P.S.: Yes, I have a corporate logo'd apron. It was cheap, and I needed an apron.

No comments: