Saturday, November 15, 2008

Roast Chicken Nouvelle Cuisine

Above is in progress as I write this. It's... challenging. I haven't cooked anything this complex in quite some time. Probably not since March, when I made a leg of lamb when my mother was our here. I've modified the recipe a bit, most notably in that I'm using bone-in chicken breasts rather than a whole chicken, and I think I messed up the proportions of vegetables to stock, but only time will tell. Time, of course, is something I'm short on, so I'm a bit worried about it finishing in time. I'm delivering it to Erin at Borders at 5, which as soon as I started, at 3, I realized was a mistake. Not only is this complex and time consuming to prepare, it's complex to serve, and I'm going to have to pack it into gladware. This of course also means I can't serve wine with it, or have a glass now for that matter, which I could really go for. Meat thermometer says it will be done in 10 minutes, but I don't know if I buy that.

I'll take pictures, if the camera battery charges enough in the next half hour.

Edit: I was right on the time, didn't have the probe in far enough. Will this all be done in 15 minutes? Unlikely.

Edit 2: Chicken done in time-ish. Rice will be done at 5 exactly.

No comments: