Saturday, March 7, 2009

This! Is! Watchmen!

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

Going to see it tonight. Personally, I like Snyder's work. But he is a bit predictable. There will be plenty of slow motion fight scenes to be had, I can guess that much. And impossible, stylistic backgrounds, via chroma key. But hey, it's a comic book movie. It works. I read a review that called him a really fancy photocopier, rather than a director, but for this kind of adaptation anything less would draw complaints.

5 comments:

Christopher John said...

The movie was way too long.

Sean said...

You thought so? It didn't feel it at all for me. Did you read the graphic novel? I think that may have made it feel tighter to me, I kept anticipating the next sequence.

Christopher John said...

I did. The music was also atrocious. I don't know; I like what they did with the ending, but I just feel like they took the comic and added bad fight scenes.

Unknown said...

I personally enjoyed it and I think what changes were made were necessary to translate the story from a comic book into a movie.

Could have done without so much blue wang though.

Sean said...

Blue wang was a bit excessive. The comic version was tasteful, like a classical sculpture. Movie version was a bit out there. At least it didn't swing around when he moved.